Wednesday 23 May 2007

My finger on the pulse, or my hand on my.....

It seems I have either had some rather prestigous visitors to my blog in recent days (unlikely, given the visit counter) or I have managed to articulate what Labor have been thinking over the past week. I quote gratuitously from the SMH:


Labor has accused Prime Minister John Howard of behaving bizarrely in his attempts to turn around opinion polls.Opposition MPs say Mr Howard's warning to colleagues of being annihilated is the latest in a series of attempts win back favour with voters."Last week the Prime Minister said it was all a joke, this week he says he's going to be annihilated," treasury spokesman Wayne Swan told reporters in Canberra today."The only thing that's going to be annihilated around here is taxpayers' money."Mr Swan said the Prime Minister was indulging in blatant political advertising campaigns to improve his short-term prospects instead of the long-term national interest."I think that's pretty evident from his bizarre behaviour in recent days."We started off with the smear campaign back in February, then we had the fear campaign, now of course we've got the ad campaign."Mr Swan said Mr Howard's short-term approach was why opinion polls had turned against the Government.Victorian MP Kelvin Thomson said Mr Howard was just trying to claim the underdog status in voters' eyes."I think that's a piece of political trickiness for which the Prime Minister is notorious," Mr Thomson told reporters.

All royalties or job offers to tripepolitik@gmail.com please... or...at the very least, leave a comment on my page Wayne. :-P

1 Comments:

At 24 May 2007 at 4:43 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Job offer on the way, spindentist. Hope you don't mind an AWA...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home